Press & Media
National Geographic chooses our San Juan Islands kayaking tours in “10 Best Trips in the World for 2011.”
Sea Quest Kayak Tours is on ABC News! See us Kayaking with Orca Whales in the San Juan Islands. View video now.
San Juan Islands Kayaking Trips in Killer Whale Waters of Washington – a World’s Top 10 Adventure Bargain!
San Juan Island Kayaking Trips in Orca Whale Waters in Washington State – Selected as a Top 20 American Adventure!
Sea Kayak Tour Reviews & Articles: Sea Quest Kayak Trips
Our sea kayak tour reviews have have been consistently fantastic and have been published in several national media and international articles. A small sampling of media reviews on television, in books, and published articles that have featured Sea Quest Kayak Tours are shown below. Click the links to read them!
Television Programs on our San Juan Islands Kayak Tours
“Front Runners” – also produced and distributed into syndication by KOMO-TV. The program featured our two principal directors and documented a “day in the life” of a Sea Quest kayak guide in the San Juan Islands.
- National Geographic’s Traveler selects the San Juan Islands as one of the 10 Best Trips in the World for Summer 2011 and picks Sea Quest as the best San Juan Islands kayaking tour company.
- Men’s Health – July 2015 Sea Quest was selected as one of the Top 25 Trips That Will Change Your Life!
- Men’s Journal – July/August 2009 Sea Quest is their recommended outfitter for sea kayak tours with orca whales at Lime Kiln “Whale Watch” Park on San Juan Island (download article here).
- AirTran Magazine – April 2008 Our orca whale kayaking tours in the San Juan Islands are chosen as a Top 20 Family Adventure suitable for children and families.
- Men’s Journal – May 2005 Sea kayaking trips with killer whales in the San Juan Islands are rated in the Top 100 Adventures in North America!
- Horizons Magazine – May 2005 Sea kayaking with Dall’s porpoise in the San Juan Islands. Sea Quest Kayak Tours was chosen as their featured kayak tour company due to our in-depth knowledge of the marine mammals in this region.
- Travel and Leisure – March 2003 Sea Quest Kayak Tours is featured as one of Ten Fantastic Vacations for those with a budget under $1,500.
- American Careers – 2002/03 Our Expedition Director, Martine Springer, is highlighted in an article called “Out to Sea” on page 30. The story describes what it is like to be a sea kayak guide and the magazine is aimed to help young people plan their careers in today’s world.
- Sunset Magazine – August 2002 Sea Quest’s kayaking trips are favorably discussed in “Escape to the San Juan Islands” on page 82.
- Family Travel – March 1998 Rated #1 Family Adventure in North America!
- Fitness – November 1997
- Shape – February 1997
- Paddler – December 1996 The San Juan Islands & Sea Quest Kayaking make the list for “North America’s Top Whale Watching Paddles.”
- American Way – May 1994
- Men’s Journal – August 1994 by Bruce Barcott, depicts a sea kayak tour in the San Juan Islands led by our Expedition Director Martine Springer.
- Outside – January 1993 by Tim Cahill, colorfully illustrates Martine Springer’s prowess as tour guide while sea kayaking in Baja Mexico’s Sea of Cortez.
- Family Life – Discusses the benefits of family kayaking vacations with children in the San Juan Islands of Washington state.
- Harper’s Bazaar
- Pacific Northwest
- Self Magazine
- Women’s Sports & Fitness
- USA Today – November 21, 2011 – 10 Great Places for a North American Safari: Kayaking with Killer Whales in the San Juan Islands
- The Guardian / Observer – June 28, 2008 – The Top 20 American Adventures: Kayaking Trips with Orca Whales in the San Juan Islands
- USA Today – April 18, 2007 – World’s Top 10 Adventure Bargains: Kayaking Among Orcas in Washington’s San Juan Islands
- USA Today – March 16, 2004 – Places to Spend a Week or Two with Whale: Kayak Whale Watching from Friday Harbor, Washington
- The Oregonian – July 14, 1994 – Northwest Outdoors
- The Columbian – July 31, 1994 – Life Travel
Books that Recommend Sea Quest Kayaking Trips
- Inside-Out Washington: the Best Places Guide to the Outdoors
- Best Places: Guide to the Gulf Islands and San Juan Islands
- Fodor’s Travel Guides (several editions)
- Going Places: A guide to study and travel
- Hidden Pacific Northwest
- Inside-Out Washington: the Best Places Guide to the Outdoors – Ron Judd
- Learning Adventures Around the World – Peter Greenberg
- Lonely Planet Guides (several editions)
- Moon Travel Guides (several editions)
- Paddle America
- San Juan Island Pocket Guide
- Smart Vacations
- Ultimate Adventure Sourcebook
- Vacations and Bargain Adventures in the USA – Evelyn Kaye
- Volunteer Vacations
- Washington Wildlife Guide
- Washington State Field Guide
- Whale Watcher’s GuideBook
- Where the Whales Are – Patricia Corrigan