Friday Harbor, San Juan Island – Hotels, Motels, Inns & Resorts for Kayak Vacations
- Intro to San Juan Islands
- Whale Watching Info & Facts
- Travel to San Juan Islands
- San Juan Islands Kayaking FAQ
- Map of all Kayaking Routes
- How to Prepare
- Resources to Learn More
- Video & Photos
- All Tours
Kayak Vacations from Friday Harbor on San Juan Island in Washington State
We suggest staying on San Juan Island the night before your kayaking trip begins so that you are well rested from traveling. Here are some hotels, motels, inns and resorts you might use when visiting for your San Juan Islands kayaking vacation.
Friday Harbor is the only town on San Juan Island and is the port where all ferries and air flights arrive. Nearly all services and restaurants on San Juan Island are found in the small village of Friday Harbor, Washington.
Hotels, Motels, and Inns within Friday Harbor
If you don’t have a vehicle on San Juan Island when arriving for your kayak vacation, you may wish to find a hotel, motel, or inn located within Friday Harbor. Most are just a few block from the Friday Harbor airport and ferry terminal.
- Friday Harbor Suites – 360-378-3031
- Earthbox Inn and Spa – 360-378-4000
- Bird Rock Hotel – 360-378-5848
Out-of-Town Resorts on San Juan Island
If you want an even more natural or rural setting with wildlife right outside your door, we suggest staying at a cozy resort on San Juan Island. Some will provide courtesy transportation while others will recommend using a taxi to get around before and after your kayak tour. Most offer water-front cabins and kitchens.
- Lakedale Resort – 360-378-2350 (lake waterfront only)
Here are some more useful links for travel information in the San Juan Islands to plan your kayak tour:
- Back to our main page on Travel to San Juan Island.
- Bed and Breakfast Information for Friday Harbor and San Juan Island.
- Guest House Information for Friday Harbor and San Juan Island.
- Camp Grounds and Camping Information for San Juan Island.
Join a Kayak Quest for Whales
Book your kayak tour in the San Juan Islands!
- Sunrise / Sunset Tours
- Day Tours
- 2-Day Tours
- 3-Day Trips
- 5-Day Expeditions
- Group Tours
- Private Lessons
- Private Trips
- Birding Tours